Used Car Week 2019 is a wrap. And it was a week full of firsts and anniversaries. The first-ever Women in Retail panel and awards ceremony. The first-ever Leadership Luncheon, connecting the First Block (Repo Con, Pre-Owned Con and the Auto Fin Con) with the Second Block of Used Car Week (the National Remarketing Conference). The first Innovator of the Year Award, presented to Copart. The 20th anniversary of the NRC, Used Car Week’s flagship event. The 10th anniversary of the Women in Remarketing awards program. The inaugural UCW Dealer Training Tuesday. And many, many more.
A huge thank you from the Used Car Week team to our presenting sponsors, Allied Solutions, DRN, Dealer Specialties, Millennium Capital & Recovery Corp., and SmartAuction, as well as our additional platinum, gold, silver and bronze sponsors, speakers, attendees — and everyone who plays a role in the machine that is Used Car Week. This past week, over 1,000 attendees and over 160 speakers gathered for a week-long event that brought together all corners of the used-car industry. Over 100 of those attendees were dealers, representing 78 different dealer groups.
Want to break down the numbers further? We’ve got you. Over 750 attendees stayed for the first block of UCW, while almost 650 joined us for the second block — the National Remarketing Conference. And while Used Car Week’s attendees stem primarily from the U.S., the 2019 event also included traveling attendees from Canada, Germany and the U.K. A great mix of Industry professionals served to further UCW’s goal of bringing the industry together.
SAVE THE DATE: Used Car Week 2020 is scheduled for Nov. 16-20, 2020, at the Westin Kierland Resort & Spa in Scottsdale, Ariz.
A couple of high points for our recent attendees — don’t miss out on the chance to take advantage of a few more perks, courtesy of your Used Car Week 2019 registration:
- First off, that’s the post-con attendee list, which is never offered for sale. The list with contact information is exclusively provided to Used Car Week guests. The complete attendee list — that is password protected, updated and sent directly to attendees by email post-conference — provides the name, title, office phone number, company address and email address of some of the remarketing and used-car industries top executives, leaders (and perhaps your next business partner or client). UCW attendees can also access the full attendee list and directory here. For those who did not attend UCW 2019, don’t worry! You can also get a feel for the event via the public 2019 attendee list, which features full names, companies and titles. We hope it will inspire you to check out our 2020 events!
- Make sure to check out the action from Used Car Week 2019 via photos from the full week. Find some candid shots of colleagues and more!
- We will also be hosting top 2019 Used Car Week presentations on UsedCarWeek.biz. See here to check out presentations from UCW 2019. This content page will also feature links in the coming weeks to the Auto Remarketing podcasts from UCW 2019, which will feature some of the event’s top sessions, interviews, leading insight and more.
- Lastly, looking to keep the conversation going throughout the year? We have just opened the Automotive Intelligence Summit Call for Speakers. A tech-forward Cherokee Media Group event scheduled for April 14-16th in Raleigh N.C. Learn more, or respond to the 2020 AIS Call for Speakers today.
We’re over a week out from Used Car Week 2019. And there’s still a lot to unpack and plenty to cover! But here’s a recap of just some — of many — of the biggest stories, and highlights, from UCW 2019:
- Over 50 Workshops Scheduled for Used Car Week 2019 Events
- Buyers & Sellers: UCW Offers Perspective of Consignors, Dealers, More
- UCW’s 1st Dealer Training Tuesday: Check out the 2019 Lineup
- National Remarketing Conference celebrates 20th anniversary
- NRC to Cover All Facets of the Auction Industry
Stay tuned to Usedcarweek.biz and the Used Car Week blog, for updates on Used Car Week 2020, scheduled for Nov. 16-20, 2020, at the Westin Kierland Resort & Spa in Scottsdale, Ariz.